weight loss

hart1222
on 12/8/09 3:36 am
i was banded over a year ago and have only lost 45lbs i went for a check up yesterday and had nothing done. doc said my band is where it needs to be but im eating the wrong foods causing my standstill.  i could possibly have to much in my band an not able to get all the protein and nutrients that i need.  im having to keep a food journal for the next 2 weeks to see what im eating and what we need to do.  has anyone else had this problem, and after keeping the journal did it help any?
BooLicious
on 12/8/09 10:29 am - PA
I have not had that problem yet.  However, I know the only times I have ever been successful were the times I kept a journal.  Do it online, it's so much easier and it breaks it all down for you.  Your calories, fat, protein, carbs etc.  It takes a little getting used to, but it's great and there are tons of sites you can do it on, including here I think. 

Even now with the band, the weeks I slack on logging or on the weekends I notice I don't loose as much.  I think it truly keeps you accountable and involved in what calories you want to eat that day cause you know your counting them.  I've come to love going to bed knowing exactly what I ate that day.  :)

Give it a shot, it might give your weight loss a boost.  However, 45 pounds is still great and it's 45 pounds or more your not still carrying around.  Hang in there, you can do it!

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Pixieland
on 12/9/09 8:16 am - Davison, MI
I totally agree with Boo.  I have to keep my food journal, if I don't I completely loose site of what I am eating and the weight loss slows or stops completely. 
Good luck to you!!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

clovett
on 12/10/09 5:58 am - farmingdale, NJ
 HELLO....I JUST STARTED MY FOOD JOURNAL...MY NUTRITIONIST IS MAKING ME DO IT AND I FIND THAT IT IS VERY HELPFUL...I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS SLOW PROCESS....I'M A YEAR OUT AND ONLY DOWN 53LBS BUT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF ITS A LOSS..THIS PROCESS IS SUPPOSE TO BE SLOW...BUT I GET A LITTLE DISCOURAGED CAUSE I'M KILLING MYSELF IN THE GYM AND I GUESS IT'S WORKING BECAUSE I WAS A SIZE 24 NOW I'M IN 16...GOOD LUCK
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Most Active